The baking industry has grown many folds in recent times and so has your competition. With people heavily relying on online mediums to make purchases, the best way you can make your baking business visible is through digital marketing. Different digital marketing tools and tactics like SEO, social media marketing, advertising, and others will help you grow your business by increasing your sales and providing a better return on investments.
Problems faced by Baking Industry
The long-existing industry of baking has gone through a lot of new changes in recent times. Consumers are now more dependent on the internet than ever before to find out about bakeries near them or what they offer. Thus, lacking a digital presence can make your baking business face challenges like:
- Inadequate sales
- Fierce competition
- Unsatisfactory return on investment
- Low revenue generation
- Poor visibility on Google
We recommend 6 solutions that have proven to get the best results for the baking industry
1. E-commerce Web Design & Development
Make the process of selling your products online smooth by developing a website made for e-commerce. Thereafter, design it in a way that reflects your baking business. With our professional web design and development service, make your business website fast, responsive, and optimized for handling customers and their orders.
Website features for baking business:
- Home Page
- Shop Product Page
- Wishlist Page
- Order Now
- Review Page
- Contact Page
2. Content Marketing
Create and publish content according to the platform you have chosen to market your business. Provide insight about your products or solve customers’ queries through blogs, articles, and other suitable content they prefer best. Content marketing works best to build customers’ trust, retain their loyalty and increase sales.
Content ideas baking businesses can use:
- Blogs on recipes of baked items.
- Photos of cakes, cookies, and other items you offer.
- Videos of the interior of your shop or kitchen.
- FAQs, answering what your customers ask most, like the varieties of flavours you offer on cakes or cream you use.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Best SEO strategies for the baking business:
- On-page SEO: Use correct on-page SEO elements like relevant keywords, proper webpage address (URLs), etc to thoroughly optimize content for higher Google rankings. For example, using custom URLs for your web pages, like xyzbakery.com/cakes/custom-wedding-cakes, makes google find and recognize your website more often.
- Local SEO: Appear in the search results of your nearby potential customers so the visibility of your baking business gets boosted and you receive increased sales. For example, including local SEO keywords like bakery near me or cakes near me will help customers nearby find you easily.
- Keyword Research: This might sound simple but incorporating relevant keywords in your content automatically raises its organic visibility. We do deep keyword research and utilize it for every content you publish to help you get more exposure and customers.
4. Social Media Marketing (SMM)
In this era, the power and reach of social media are not unknown to us. Similarly, leveraging social media marketing for your baking business can prove fruitful if done correctly. You can reach a better audience and create a long-lasting impression for your baking business through different social media platforms. Our recommended social media platforms for baking businesses are Instagram and Facebook.
Effective Instagram and Facebook marketing ideas for baking business:
- Post quality photos of products.
- Ask and answer engaging questions.
- Create interesting videos
- Run ads.
- Use popular & relevant hashtags.
5. Advertising Campaigns
Using advertisement campaigns will make sure you reach potential customers who want your products. By investing in paid ads and promotions, you can get better leads who can be easily converted into customers.
The following ad campaigns will give the best results for the baking industry:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
6. Lead Generation
With new bakeries opening in every other street nowadays, the competition has increased many folds. In such a situation, being ahead of your competition in generating leads can become tough from time to time. This is the reason why GullySales has devised a sales process implementation, using which you can understand your target customers better, in turn generating refined leads.
We suggest to the bakery businesses to practice a sales process that includes:
- Sales Intelligence Software.
- Sales Operation Software.
- Sales Training & Coaching.
Benefits of utilizing the mentioned digital marketing strategies for the baking business
- Seamlessly conduct sales of your products with an e-commerce website designed particularly for your business.
- Build trust and retain customer loyalty with attractive and engaging content.
- Gather more traffic and generate more sales through proper usage of SEO strategies.
- Increase brand awareness and develop a loyal follower base for your business and its products by leveraging social media marketing.
- Effectively reach the right prospects that add to your sales generation using advertisement campaigns for your baking business.
- Generate leads that can be effortlessly turned into customers with sales process implementation and lead generation.